Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful









Today I am thankful for...
  • Will, Ava, Eli, Kuma, Lola and the rest of our extended family of loved ones. You fill my days with love, excitement and meaning. I love you all so much.
  • a long weekend - which means extra time to share as a family and for me to bake, sew, shower (leisurely), and maybe go on a mama outing sometime over the holiday.
  • Skype, which brings the faces of our distant loved ones into our home on this special day.
  • new, but surely becoming old, friends here in Minneapolis, who will welcome us into their family and around their table on this day of thanks and gathering.
  • dear friends back in Ann Arbor and beyond, who remain close over distance and maintain a strong, rich presence in our lives.
  • our daily family meals keeping us close, healthy and in tune with each other.
  • Will's job. There are so many out there struggling. We are so fortunate to have enough right now. And even more so in that Will loves his job, is challenged and inspired by it. 
  • synchronized nap times, during which I am able to spend precious moments devoted to my various projects. They keep my hands busy, my mind vibrant and my soul calm.
  • this space, in which I am able to share, reflect and record our days.
At the dinner table last night we went around and each spoke at least one thing we are thankful for. Ava said, "I'll have to think about it." Then after a while she said, "pie. I am thankful for pie." Indeed.

I hope you have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

  1. look at all his teeth! big boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is! He is literally climbing (and cruising) the walls. I checked, and he seems to be keeping right up with Ava in terms of teeth eruptions - she also had 8 by the time she was 10 months.

      Delete